Thursday, September 22, 2011

Finding Joy in Uncommon Places


As a Christian we are promised peace and joy. (The peace that passes all understanding and guards our hearts and minds. And the Joy of the Lord shall be your strength) but I cannot tell you how many times I see christians fighting against depression. Its heart breaking to see. I remember my dad struggling with depression when I was little, and I used to tell him, just pray and God will take it away. And I'm sure he did... but God gave us authority over satan. Depression isn't "in your genes" it isn't "something you have to live with" those are lies from the devil trying to dim the light of Christ in you. If an unbeliever sees you always depressed, moaning and crying, what kind of message does that send about the saving God you serve? Get rid of that devil on your back, rebukes him in the name of Jesus Christ, and send him straight back to hell where he belongs! And don't stop there, the battle is never over. But don't give up said Jesus, for your prize is coming if you do not faint. Instead get into Gods Word, pray like you've never prayed, be filled with the Holy Spirit! Arm yourself for battle, so that instead of fighting the giants that overshadow you, you will be squashing bugs under your feet!

Truthfully, I struggled with depression when I was younger. Sure you can make the DNA case against it, but I have found the secret to peace everlasting! Joy that keeps me smiling.... and it is NOT about circumstances. Seriously... it isn't! I used to have the attitude "well of course your happy all the time, you have loads of money!" Nope. That's not how God works... happiness and joy are not one in the same. Joy lasts and is independant of circumstances, happiness is strictly circumstancial and temporary. They key? What the secret? I couldn't begin to tell you all of it, because, well, I'm not God. But this is what I have discovered for me... faith. You can only have faith by readng/hearing Gods Word. One verse I saw today said something about Gods word being Life to all who read it! (It was in Isaiah 55ish) life... we want to live our life with joy, and peace. AndGod want so much for you to hand that burden overto him. Our burdens we're not meant for us to caarryon our own. If it feels like too much, that's because it is! Give it to God, don't take it back, and soon you will find yourself with a joy that you never knew exsisted. Don't just resist the devil, tell him to get out of your life. He is walking all overGod's precious property and you are allowing it!
Its time to take a stand! Its time to laugh, to leap for joy, to live like you've never lived before! Gods word will go out to accomplish exactl what God sent it for, so speak it over your life. Find the verses for yourself, so that God can speak right into your very heart. And begin our life living in joy and peace the way you were meant to!

God bless you, and open your eyes to find the truth of His Word in Jesus mighty name!

sher

No comments:

Post a Comment