Thursday, June 21, 2012

Faith in your faith? or Faith in God?

First let me say that since having a computer, I'm now completely confused as to how this whole things works. pictures...? How on earth do i get them here?! The right click thing on my mouse isn't working, and now I'm stuck >.<
So on to what I was going to say, a lot of things in my life right now are requiring lots of faith. From health issues with my grandma, to no job for my husband (still), to seemingly nice opportunities in other states, and we really need to know what way to turn. My husband and I set aside a week to really pray, and for part of it we fasted. We don't want to move if that's not God's will, however our situation right now really seems impossible. Is God the God of the impossible? I believe He is, yet my flesh cries out for something simpler, something that maybe we could do on our own without having to depend on God for every.little.thing. But isn't that how He likes it?
As my husband and I struggled with why we don't have a job, and why my grandma's health has been failing even after so many prayers, and why we still have to live in a small 2 bedroom apartment with four little kids to care for, etc etc. Our conversations had somehow turned to the questions of "do we have enough faith?" . Without realizing it, at our care group the leader said something that hit so hard it's been on my mind ever since. He said "it's not about having faith in your amount of faith, it's simply just having faith in God" oh! DUH!!
So all this time I've been thinking to myself, do I have enough faith? Is it enough for _____ to happen? When all along all I needed to do is know that: it's not about trusting my faith to get the job done, it's just about trusting God to get the job done. Okay, maybe I'm the only one realizing this, but I have to say it was a big eye opener!
Since care group that night my husband and I felt strongly that we knew the answer to if we should move or stay. God has us here for a purpose, and the sooner we accept that, the sooner we can fulfill that purpose. Although to be honest, the grass sure is greener on the other side. But if God is not wanting you to make that decision, or take the step, or make the move, then that grass will soon wither and be scorched with fire.
Just sayin' ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment