Tuesday, June 5, 2012

from bad to worse, to God's mercy

This day has been quite the trying day! I think I'm overly sensitive or something today, and my husband is too... maybe it's the full moon. but one argument about stupid things after another, getting more and more heated as the day wears on. We had a birthday party for our sons best friend to go to at 5. by 5:30 i was seconds away from texting her and letting her know we couldn't make it. but as it would turn out God had a plan. i didn't want to go because I was in a bad mood by then, and my husband was in the same boat. But when we got there the people welcomed us in with loving arms. In fact the whole place, and atmosphere reminded me of home. The home i remember fondly. The people the way they talked their culture was my culture. I've not been able to quite fit in as nicely with my husbands family as i like, still lost on how to play their game. Saying the wrong things at the wrong time. Something about this family was so familiar with my own that i could dive right in as if I already belonged to the family. I connected with the people there and genuinely enjoyed myself. I don't know if God was using me to help or be there for others, or if He was using others to help and be their for me, either way I was humbled by the fact that after a day of yelling and bickering and quite honestly, not walking in love, God still did not leave me. After the party as my husband and i were putting the children in the car, I looked up at him and asked "are we ok?". Though it had been a rough day emotionally for the two of us, this party was a relief. It helped us to forget our differences, remember that we are a family, and remember why we work so well together. I know that this was something God wanted us to attend, but surely satan was trying to keep us from going. I'm thankful to God for His mercy, and His grace! Where would I be without it? tonight is a peaceful night, with happy hugs and affectionate pats. Not silent glares and slamming doors. I'm trying to get the point across that God didn't leave me, even when i covered myself in sin and anger. There's a verse in the Bible that says "be angry and sin not" ... I think I ignored the "sin not" part. I was angry and vengeful, why would God still choose to help me? That party was a bit of home to me. Anyways, I am thankful for all this. Thankful for the chance to see how merciful God is, how Loving God is, and how God will still turn the worst of days into a good day! just thought I would share that tidbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment